Microsoft 365 Promo
The CSP Office 365 E1 and Microsoft 365 Business Basic Promos are designed for new customers only and are transactable as traditional paid subscription licenses.
Promotion available with restriction, 100% off, discount for 1st 6 months. Learn more details.
How long will these promos be available?
The Office 365 E1 and Microsoft 365 Business Basic promos will be available through June 30th, 2020. Microsoft may choose to extend availability of these promos based on the evolving environment.
What does “New Customer Only” mean?
The Office 365 E1 and Microsoft 365 Business Basic promos will technically enforce that customers must not have a currently paid or recently cancelled (within the last 30 days) subscription in their tenant for any of the following products:
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 E3
- Microsoft 365 E5
- Office 365 F3
- Microsoft 365 F3
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise (formerly known as Office 365 ProPlus)
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic (formerly known as Office 365 Business Essentials)
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard (formerly known as Office 365 Business Premium)
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium (formerly known as Microsoft 365 Business)
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business (formerly known as Office 365 Business)
- Exchange Online Essentials
- Exchange Online Plan 1
- Exchange Online Plan 2
How is this approach different from the Office 365 E1 Trial launched on April 1st, 2020?
The updated Office 365 E1 and Microsoft 365 Business Basic promos differ from the legacy Office 365 E1 Trial in two ways:
- Technical Enforcement of “New Customer Only” qualification for Office 365 E1 and Microsoft 365 Business Basic promos. These promos will only be able to be added to new customer tenants.
- Monthly billing beginning in Month 7. Customers will make an annual commitment to a monthly billed subscription when leveraging the Office 365 E1 or Microsoft 365 Business Basic promos. Partners will receive bills from Microsoft for licenses beginning in Month 7 through Month 12.
What is included in the trial?
For each license assigned to a user in the trial they will be provisioned additional backend services that enable them to experience the full value of Microsoft Teams. This includes:
- Exchange Online Plan 1
- Flow for Office 365 Plan 1
- Microsoft Planner
- Microsoft Whiteboard
- Microsoft Teams (Teams1, Teams IW)
- Office Online
- PowerApps for Office 365 Plan 1
- SharePoint Online Plan 1
- Yammer Enterprise
How many licenses can be acquired through the Promo?
There is a 3000-license limit for the Office 365 E1 Promo. Licenses beyond 3000 will not be eligible for the promo pricing.
There is a 300-license limit for the Microsoft 365 Business Basic Promo, in line with seat restrictions for SMB SKUs.
Regardless of the number of licenses, customers commit to an annual duration.
What price will Microsoft bill in Month 7?
Microsoft will honor the catalog price as set at the time of promo start for the duration of the annual commitment. This means if a customer starts the promo on June 1st, 2020, their price in Month 7 would be the monthly price on June 1st, and not the price on January 1st, 2021.
Can add-on SKUs be sold alongside the Office 365 E1 promo?
Yes, paid add-ons can be added to Office 365 E1 or Microsoft 365 Business Basic promos even during the initial 6-month discount period.
Which customers are not eligible for the promos?
Organizations are not eligible for the trial if:
- They do not meet the “New Customer” definition as described above
- They are a Syndication Partner customer They are a GCC, GCC High, DoD or EDU customer
Do you need to wait 6 months to convert to higher paid SKU?
No, you can convert or upsell to Paid SKU’s via CSP at any time.